The era of traditional phone systems has come to an end. The new technology is called VOIP. Most are probably aware of the existence of the technology. There are countless opportunities and advantages. What are the main features of the new technology? Customers are offered a multitude of ways to improve customer service and increase customer satisfaction.
• Mobility allows constant availability to a user’s clients, as well as constant connectability for traveling employees.
• Unified Messaging offers a consolidated viewing method for emails, voice messages, and faxes from an email account. Transcribed voice messages can be emailed to the account, as well as video messages sent out.
• Flexibility of use opens the “locks” on geographic location, allowing phone use from any location internationally.
• Remote location capability allows remote users to use the same system.
• Unite separate offices into one network from any location internationally.
• Enhanced audio quality makes audio conferencing and VoIP-to-VoIP calls a vastly superior experience.
• Reliability of VoIP cuts the dependence on a singular phone line, assuring constant connectivity.
• Can be delivered across any network.
• Standard PBX functionality is included.
• Easy to set up.
• No expensive equipment involved.
• Low-cost monthly plans.
• And much more!