Cisco Small Business Voice Gateways: Overview
You don’t have to revamp your entire phone system to get on board with Internet telephony. Use your existing analog phones and fax machines with Cisco Voice Gateway devices and enjoy the benefits of highly reliable, high-quality Voice over IP (VoIP).
Cisco Small Business Voice Gateways and Analog Telephone Adaptors (ATAs) support:
- Easy Integration: Enjoy the cost and quality improvements that Internet calling plans offer without having to replace your existing analog phone system.
- Utility: Calls made from your analog phones are converted to digital transmissions and routed to the calling party’s land line, mobile phone, or fax machine.
- Rich Features: Cisco Small Business Voice Gateways and ATAs support everything you’ve come to expect from a quality business phone system like call waiting, caller ID, and voicemail.
- Failsafe Operation: Should power or Internet service go out, selected devices can be redirected to a traditional carrier using the standard analog interface.
- Powerful Security: Strong encryption protocols are used to protect your communications, provisioning, and servicing.
- On-premise mobility: Select ATAs include a DECT base station to help enable mobility for employees who must always be reachable within the office or at home.
Cisco Small Business Voice Gateways: Features
Cisco Small Business Voice Gateways and ATAs offer a range of features, including:
- A variety of models that allow you to connect from one to eight analog phones at a time
- The ability to convert signals from analog phones and fax machines into digital packets
- Ethernet ports that connect you to a broadband modem or router; certain models also include additional ports to connect to a home or office LAN
- Integrated security that uses powerful encryption to protect the integrity of your voice transmissions from unauthorized access
- Easy line configuration using a web-based configuration utility
- High-quality service that uses standards-based SIP protocols along with advanced voice encoding algorithms to create high-performance communications
Select models include an integrated DECT base station to help enable mobility for employees who must be reached at all times, while on-premise or at home.
Cisco Small Business Voice Gateways: Models
- Connects analog phones and fax machines to voice over IP service provider
- Accepts two independent phone numbers utilizing two phone ports
- Helps to enable clear voice calls, reliable fax connections, and simultaneous Internet use
- Connects analog phones and fax machines to an IP telephony solution with high-quality voice and fax communications
- Provides two ports for phone or fax with independent numbers
- Provides two Ethernet ports; one for LAN connectivity and one for WAN connectivity
- Offers high-quality comprehensive voice over IP (VoIP) service through your broadband Internet connection
- Supports one FXS port to connect an existing analog phone or fax machine, and one FXO port to connect to a Telco or third-party PBX circuit
- Provides cost-effective and reliable on-premise and residential mobility with an integrated DECT base station
- Routes calls received from mobile phones or land lines across the Internet, reducing or eliminating costly long distance charges
- Helps to enable clear, high-quality voice communications and fax transmissions
- Provides PSTN FXO port to connect to a telecom or PBX circuit
- Connects analog phones and fax machines to Internet-based networks
- Is ideal for small businesses or call centers
- Provides single RJ-21 50-pin connector
- Provides external FXO gateway device for an on-premise IP PBX
- Adds clear, high-quality IP voice communications to a legacy TDM PBX or key system
- Uses standard encryption-based protocols for high security